The Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC66

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello! It's my first time playing along with The Play Date Cafe challenge...and WHEW,
I've only got a couple hours to spare before the deadline! I saw the colors and COULD NOT
pass this up! I LOVE purple, so I was very excited to make a card for this challenge.
You have to use black & white, and a SPLASH of lilac/purple. Just gorgeous!

This is what I created. I. LUV. IT. I'm such a sucker for girly, pretty, romantic-y designs.
This was a very simple card to make. The lilac part is one stamp from the Papertrey set Giga Guide Lines -- I stamped it twice right next to each other, and put a white pearl in the center.
The patterned paper is actually flocking, so it gives it some extra texture!

Thanks so much for visiting me today!
If you are new to my blog and like my work, I invite you to become a follower :)


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Giga Guide Lines
Cardstock: Stampin' Up -Whisper White, Basic Black
Patterned Paper: me & my Big ideas
Ink: SU - Almost Amethyst
Other: Nestabilities - Labels 9, White Pearl sticker, Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I wish I could've played along. I really love those colors together and you did it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicki this is quite a striking card! Love your splash of lilac - thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe this week - hope you can come back again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicki, this is so dramatic and clean-lined! Love it! So glad you played with us at the Play Date Cafe; come back again soon, 'kay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Welcome to the Play Date Cafe! Your card is a beauty too! Hope you play along with us again, I'd love to see more of your creations! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Nicki. I just love that you've used stamps to create such a pretty background...and yippee for your first time at the PDCC! So glad you played along. Hope to see you back again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicki this is gorgeous! Perfect use of the splash colors! I'm so glad you came and played-Welcome to the cafe! Hope to see you back again :) Thanks for splashing with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS