CAS-ual Fridays - CFC61

Sunday, July 15, 2012


I'M BACK!!!!!!!! I'm finally in the stamping groove again, after not posting in almost two months! :(

If you're wondering where I've been, well, my hubby & I have been a *little* busy lately. After waiting several years (yeah, YEARS), we've finally bought our first home!

YAY! WOOHOO! YIPEE! FINALLY! CHEERS!

We're still unpacking and trying to get settled, but it's definitely feeling like home now :)

One thing I'm SUPER excited about is that I have my FIRST EVER CRAFT ROOM! So, this card I'm sharing with you today is extra special because it's the first card I made in my new craft room *trying to contain my excitement, lol*

I decided to participate in CAS-ual Fridays current challenge, Let's Strip. I really love the DT samples, where everyone used strips of color or pattern in their cards.

I made this for my step-mom, who is currently going through some health issues, including hip replacement surgery. I wanted to make something bright and colorful that she could have in her hospital room to lift her spirits :)


I appreciate you taking the time to stop in today! I'll be back soon with more posts!

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Beautiful Butterflies (sentiment & butterflies), Bkgd Basics: Diamonds, Fillable Frames #11
Cardstock: PTI -White
Ink: Stampin Up: Groovy Guava, Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, Purely Pomegranate; StazOn - Black
Other: PTI diecut - Fillable Frames #11

5 comments:

  1. Great card, I'm sure your step mom will love it. congrats on your special room to create enjoy it... i have to create in the basement with the spiders and laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your delightful card will brighten the room!

    Congrats on the new home, and the new craft room! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous and congrats on getting your own craft room...you will love it:) x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card to send to your Mum, she's sure to appreciate it :0) Love the strips of pattern and the fab colours you chose to use :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    Oh and congrats on your new home :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for your own craft room! i loved having one of those, but i've since downsized. hoping to get one back! :D

    and i love this card... so clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS