Uniko Studio Challenge #4 - Fall Foliage

Friday, October 18, 2013


Hello all! Uniko Studio's Challenge #4 is now taking place over on the Uniko Studio blog! To celebrate the change of seasons and the beautiful scenery, we are focusing on Fall Foliage.

I knew immediately what stamp set I wanted to use when I found out what this challenge theme was. Nature's Treasure I is PERFECT for this challenge!!

I really enjoyed making this card. I feel that I stepped outside my comfort zone a little bit and made something different than my usual style. I played around with some distress inks (also used regular pigment inks as well), and wanted to make the leaves look like real fall leaves with the changing colors. Using a Tim Holtz ink blender, I applied the ink to the stamp, all while trying to blend the colors where they meet.

The thank you sentiment is stamped onto a piece of vellum and adhered using vellum tape. A few gold and amber sequins and brown rhinestones give it a glistening final touch.

I'm also entering this into the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my card. I really appreciate you coming by for a visit!!


You've got plenty of time to enter your project. November 14th is the deadline.

The Prizes:
  • A £10 Gift Certificate to the Winner & a Guest Design Team spot on the blog for the next challenge
  • Top Three Spotlight

Supplies: 
Stamps: Uniko Studio - Nature's Treasures I, All Occasion Sentiments #3
Cardstock: PTI - Soft Stone
Ink: SU - So Saffron; TH Distress - Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Old Paper; VersaMagic - Hint of Pesto, Jumbo Java
Other: Vellum, Vellum Tape, Sequins - Joann's, Rhinestones - Recollections

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nicki! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely STUNNING! Love how you inked up the images and stamped the sentiment on vellum! GORGEOUS work!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS