Runway Inspired Challenge RIC #50

Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I can't believe 2013 is over and we're into 2014 already. Time flies.

I'm celebrating the new year by participating in the current Runway Inspired Challenge. It was so nice to sit down and stamp and not be thinking about any Christmas/Holiday planning and prepping that needs to be done! Now it's time to relax ;)

I studied this Runway Inspired photo for awhile before starting on my card. I was deciding exactly what elements to use as my inspiration.


I like the white flowers and the angle that is formed with the jacket being unzipped. Diagonals are such a paper crafting trend these days, so I wanted to incorporate that into my design.


The card base is cream, and the angled panel is PTI's Fine Linen. I repeatedly stamped the large flower cluster stamp from PTI's Mini Blooms with Versamark Ink, and embossed it with white embossing powder.

The "Happy" is die cut from gold, shimmery card stock. I think it looks so cool! :) Finally, "Birthday" is stamped on the same angle, right above the die cut.
Thanks for taking a look. So nice to have you stop by! Happy Stamping :D

Supplies: 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Mini Blooms, Modern Basics (Birthday)
Cardstock: PTI - Fine Linen; SU - Very Vanilla; DCWV - Gold Glitter cs
Ink: Versamark; PTI - Classic Kraft
Other: PTI - One Liners happy die collection; Sweet Stamps white embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. What a Gorgeous card Nikki! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angled sentiment is awesome, and I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely car! Congrats on the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS