PTI MIM #152 - Layering Dye & Pigment Inks

Sunday, February 23, 2014


Man, it's been quite a while since I joined in on Papertrey's Make it Monday. I thought this week's was pretty cool, so I made time to get crafty!

I stuck with my usual CAS style, and used the ink layering technique on the three large butterflies. When I tested it out on a scrap piece of cardstock, the craft color ink showed the white dots much better, and so did the pink ink. Unfortunately, on this piece, it didn't show up as well. I think this technique takes some practice and experimenting to master, because I had a hard time getting it to really show with certain ink colors. Anyone have any tips for me?


Anyway, the card base is stamped with mini butterflies along the edges. The next layer is embossed with a chevron embossing folder. For the focal point and ink layering technique, I repeatedly stamped the dot image from the Grunge Me stamp set, going from left to right across the panel. Once it was dry, I stamped each of the butterflies on top of the white pigment ink. Finally, the birthday sentiment was added in black ink. Oh, and the two corners of the focal panel have rounded corners.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: 
Stamps: PTI -Beautiful Butterflies, Grunge Me (polka dots), Quilled Elegance (sentiment)
Cardstock: PTI - White
Ink: SU - Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black; PTI - Classic Kraft, Royal Velvet
Other: Stampin' Up! Embossing folder - Chevron; Corner Rounder Punch, Foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS