Uniko Studio Challenge #7

Tuesday, February 18, 2014


Welcome to the next challenge over at Uniko Studio! We are trying something new for our challenges from now on, so we would love feedback about it either here on my blog, or over at the Uniko Studio blog!

There will be a color palette to use, as well as a theme. So for this month, you can see the color scheme below, and the theme is Distressed or Vintage.


To be honest, I was really dreading making a card for this challenge. As you may know, my style is pretty much clean and simple. So, the thought of having to tackle a distressed project was making me sweat a little, LOL. PLUS, the color combo is really NOT something I would ever choose to work with, but I ended up LOVING it!


I started by cutting a diagonal piece of card stock for the main layer. I inked up the background first with the Cool Caribbean ink, then with the Tea Dye distress ink, then the Fired Brick distress ink. The flowers are stamped with Smokey Shadow. I love the look of them against that background!

For the card base, again I applied Cool Caribbean ink in a few areas, then Old Paper distressed ink in the remaining visible spots. Congratulations is stamped with Smokey Shadow.

To give the card a bit more feel of texture, I added some circles randomly on both the card base and the top layer. Pearl stickers are carefully placed for a final finishing touch!

You've got plenty of time to enter your project. March 14th, 9:00 UK time is the deadline.

The Prizes:
  • A £10 Gift Certificate to the Winner and a Guest Design Team spot on the blog for the next challenge
  • Top Three Spotlight
  •  
What do you think?! I would love to hear your thoughts and any suggestions for the next time I tackle a distress project, LOL. I actually had a LOT of fun with it and am so happy with how it turned out!!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Uniko Studio - Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum, Background Basics: Round in Circles
Cardstock: PTI - Rustic Cream, Soft Stone
Ink: PTI - Smokey Shadow; SU - Cool Caribbean; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Old Paper, Fired Brick
Other: Pearl Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS