25 Days of Christmas Tags

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hi there crafty friends! I'm excited to join in on a very exciting event happening in blogland this month called "25 Days of Christmas Tags". This is the 5th anniversary of this event, but my very first time participating as part of the Uniko Design Team. Thanks to Tracey McNeely for hosting and organizing this amazing event! We are on Day 11, but if you are just arriving for the first time, all the details and the linkup can be found HERE.

The MAIN event blog post is also where you will find the participate to win link-up!

Be sure to check out the The 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2015 Pinterest board! It's updated every day with all the inspiration from the event!

Ok so now onto my tag! To be honest, I don't make tags very often. I own very few tag dies. So, I kinda rigged this one lol. First I die cut the stitched rectangle from white card stock. Then, I used a border die and die cut it again on one end of the tag. I really love those scallops!

I stamped the greenery, flowers, and the sentiment. Then I ink blended the bottom half of the tag using distress ink and a foam blending pad. I felt like it still needed something, so I decided to give it a 'dipped' look, and embossed the edge with gold embossing powder. I'm loving that look!

To finish it off, I found some gold wired ribbon in my stash.

I hope you are enjoying all the fabulous tag inspiration from all the creatives out there! I am amazed by the detail on so many of them! SOOO inspirational!!



Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio - Background Builders: Vines Winter Additions, Rustic Christmas
Die: Top Dog Dies - Dotted Borders Die Set; MFT - Stitched Rectangles STAX
Cardstock: PTI - White
Ink: Ranger Distress - Fired Brick; SU - Real Red; Hero Arts - Field Greens, Cup O' Joe
Other: Ranger - Princess Gold Embossing Powder; Gold Ribbon from my stash

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL tag Nicki!!!
    LOVE your improvised tag shape with the stitched edges, LOVE your GORGEOUS stamping & ink blending with the pop of golden embossing too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS