My First Honey Bee Stamps DT Post!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Hello Honey Bee Stamps Fans!!!! I am SOOO beyond excited to be posting my very first Honey Bee project as a new DT member! WOOHOOOOO!! I'm so honored to be chosen for this fabulous team with this FABULOUS company. Looking forward to sharing my ideas and creativity with you ;)

This is the first time I've ever used Honey Bee stamps! They really are excellent quality and I enjoyed working with them.

My card uses two stamp sets: Cherish and Lotus Blossom. I am just in love with the font used for "cherish". Isn't it so lovely? And the lotus blossom...you really can't go wrong with flowers, right?

HB_BP1_9644

I started with the background and used watercolor paper, distress inks, and foam blenders to ink up the entire panel (Seedless Preserves, Mustard Seed, and Salty Ocean). Then, using a striped stencil and a baby wipe, I gently rubbed over the stencil to remove some of the ink. I learned this technique by watching one of Kristina Werner's Videos! SUCH an amazing technique, I can't wait to try it again.

Next, I heat embossed each flower, masking as necessary along the way. Finally, the sentiment was also heat embossed, and then a handful of Rainstones were randomly added for a special touch!

HB_BP1A_9644

Hope you've enjoyed my project today. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and to share the next one!

I'M FINALLY ON INSTAGRAM!!! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU THERE!!
https://www.instagram.com/nicki_scheck/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS