Flakey Snow Friends - Honey Bee Stamps

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hi everyone! I hope your Thursday is going great! I'm here today sharing a Honey Bee Stamps project.

Living in the midwest, we are accustomed to getting a lot of snow in the winter. But this year has been very mild and we've had very little snow. I'm wondering if we will get a ton in late February or March! The only reason I do want some this year is to build snowmen and take my kids sledding!!


Have you gotten your hands on the newest bundle of stamp sets?! The Flakey Friends Bundle is just way too cute to pass up! Since I haven't been able to build any snowmen yet, I decided to create a card using them! I started with a watercolor paper panel and used an edger die to get the stitched accent on the top and bottom. Then I used Tumbled Glass & Salty Ocean Distress Inks to watercolor the sky. Once it was dry, I flicked some white watercolor paint onto the background using water and a paintbrush.

The sentiment and hearts were stamped in black archival ink, and the hollow hearts were filled with some Stardust Stickles.


Each snowman was stamped onto watercolor paper, along with their corresponding accessories. Using more distress inks, I painted their noses, hat, scarf, and earmuffs. The hearts were stamped last. Then the snow buddies were all cut out using both a sharp pair of scissors and a penblade to get into those tricky spots!


I sure hope you've enjoyed this card! I had such fun creating it, and I'm sooooo happy with how it turned out!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit the Honey Bee Blog tomorrow to see Kim's adorable project!

Nicki
my instagram

Supplies:
Stamps: Honey Bee Stamps - Flakey Friends, Flakey Sentiments
Cardstock: Strathmore Watercolor Paper; PTI - Rustic White (card base)
Ink: TH Distress Ink - Broken China, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Squeezed Lemonade, Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon, Cracked Pistachio; Ranger Archival Black; PTI - Hibiscus Burst
Dies: MFT - Die-namics Basic Stitch Lines
Other: Stickles - Stardust

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS