Sweet Baby - Honey Bee Stamps

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Hello there friends! I'm late in sharing my Honey Bee Stamps project here this week (oops!). I've got a baby card using unexpected stamp sets for this theme. A friend of mine just had another little baby boy, so I needed a card to wish her and her family congratulations. I really would have never thought to use the Bear image from the Flakey Friends stamp set for a baby card, but I was really trying to be creative and think outside the box!


The card base is layered with patterned paper. The main panel is vellum and a layer of white card stock die-cut using a rectangular stitched edge die. I stamped the bear in Archival Black ink on vellum. I used distress markers to color on the back of the vellum and then lightly used a water brush to soften and blend the colors. The sentiment and a few of the stars are also stamped on the vellum (the solid star is from Brush Grunge Alpha). The remaining stars are stamped on the white card stock behind the vellum for a softer look. Finally, a small red heart was stamped near the bear’s paws to appear as though he’s holding it. It’s all mounted to the base using foam tape for dimension.
Thanks so much for stopping in today! Have a great rest of your week!

Nicki
my instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS