Honey Bee Stamps - Congrats

Monday, May 2, 2016

Hey there! So I was looking through my blogger posts and realized that this post that I posted on the Honey Bee Stamps blog awhile ago was never published on my own blog! So....here you go, LOL!


So, do you ever get really frustrated and just sit at your craft desk and go ’round and ’round and you just can’t get the right placement or color scheme for your project?! Well, that’s exactly what happened to me here. I had an idea for the basic layout, and had a few flowers stamped and fussy cut, but it was just NOT working. I figured out that I wasn’t using a color combo that is typical for me, and it was really throwing me off! Once I decided on the blue, pink, and purple flowers you see below, the layout came together so nicely! I am LOVING this card!

The polka dots are a patterned paper, and the black and white card stock panels are both die cut using a borderline die. The “congrats” sentiment was created using the Brush Grunge Alpha set…such a versatile set!! Before adhering the fussy cut flowers, I stamped three large leaves on the white panel. Using the tiny solid heart from the Cherish stamp set, I stamped a few around the cluster of flowers and leaves. I love that added detail! A few Pretty Pink Posh sequins add a bit of shine!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Nicki
my instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS